It’s Good To Be Popular
Even before the coronavirus pandemic began, online shopping was growing in popularity for a number of reasons:
- Online shopping provides access to a limitless number of products. Unlike your local stores where stock is always a concern, shopping online enables you to browse for the specific product you want or need regardless of where it’s being sold.
- Online shopping is not limited by time. Shop at six a.m. before work. Shop during your lunch hour. Shop at midnight. Whatever fits your schedule!
- Online shopping is not limited by location. Live in New York but want something only sold in California? No problem!
- Online shopping is convenient. “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night…” can deter you from shopping. Curl up on the couch with your computer and credit card, and browse from the comfort of home.
- Online shopping provides greater access to coupons, deals, and discounts. Unlike your local store where nothing ever seems to be on sale, online shopping allows you to browse cyber deals so you get the best bang for your buck.
- Online shopping is hands-free. Rather than buy a product, then buy a shipping box, then go to a local post office or FedEx to ship it to a friend or family member, simply order online and ship directly to its intended recipient. You never have to touch it!
- Online shopping is less stressful. Crowded stores can be intimidating. Rather than immerse yourself in anxiety-inducing situations, shop online for a calm, relaxing experience.
What Does This Mean For Your Brand?
These seven reasons explaining the popularity of online shopping also explains why your brand should put its products online in an eye-catching, easy-to-navigate digital store.
E-Commerce is easy to add to any website thanks to a variety of platforms. While we recommend using WooCommerce, New York Marketing also has experience with Shopify to best suite your needs. The key to good e-commerce is organization and imagery. A strong online store has:
- Straightforward product names
- Strong product descriptions
- Appropriate category names for product groupings
- Clear images with multiple angles where appropriate
- Competitive pricing
- Simple navigation
- Good communication of new products and promotions (Such as via a newsletter)
- Secure payment methods
Can you or a staff member build an e-commerce store? Of course. There may be a learning curve but with time and practice, any staff member could learn to create one.
However, while you or a staff member are focused on the store, what projects are being put on the back-burner? How quickly is your store being built? How many sales are you losing out on by not going live? Who’s writing the product descriptions and ensuring orders are properly being fulfilled? By working with an experienced marketing company like New York Marketing, you let us do what we do best so you can focus on what you do best: running your business.
Interested in learning more or collaborating on your next project?
Awesome! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out our contact form.